«Open Web Conference on the dynamics and prespectives of Aromatic and Medicinal Plants of our region»
in the framework of the project «Social Agribusiness and Farmworkers Cooperatives – AGRIFARM»
The Municipality of Zitsa, in the framework of the project «Social Agribusiness and Farmworkers Cooperatives – AGRIFARM» (INTERREG Greece – Italy 2014 – 2020), organizes on 18 February 2022 an open web conference on the Aromatic and Medicinal Plants of our country entitled «AROMA ZITSAS».
Start time: 12:00 a.m
During the conference, AGRIFARM partners will present the actions and results of the project which is completed on 02/28/22.
The conference will host speakers with many years of experience, who through their speeches will present the dynamic and prospects of Aromatic and Medicinal Plants in the region of Epirus.
The conference is open to the public.
Certificates of attendance / participation will be given to those who wish to do so.
For more information about the conference, interested parties can call 26510 62819 or send an e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the project and the conference can be found on AGRIFARM Facebook page.
For registrations click here: https://forms.gle/ZK94y5Kir9yfVu3H8
A few words about the AGRIFARM project
The project “Social Agribusiness and Farmworkers Cooperatives – AGRIFARM” aims to support, through consulting actions, training, networking and promotion actions, the creation of new cooperative schemes, which will be active in dynamic agricultural crops (eg Aromatic and Medicinal Plants) both in Greece and in Italy. In particular, the development of Social Rural Entrepreneurship is sought, in accordance with the framework and conditions in which the Social Economy operates, in order to create new jobs and to create a friendly and favorable environment for the cooperation of those employed in the primary sector, thus facilitating the distribution of Agricultural Products, the exchange of know-how and the joint presence in the field of Branding and Labeling.
In the framework of the project provides:
- Templates business plans for the creation of cooperative schemes in the agricultural sector
- Innovative promotion and Marketing plans
- Detailed manuals with specifications cultivation, processing, standardization and packaging specifications regarding new crops of aromatic and medicinal plants
- Promoting the cooperation of producers with consumer networks
- Information actions, networking, consulting, promotion and training activities
- Creation of a Greek-Italian Scientific Center for cooperation in the agricultural sector. As part of the project, this Center will provide daily support, with specialized scientists, to the farmers of the intervention areas.
The corporate scheme of the project consists of the following bodies:
- MUNICIPALITY OF ZITSA – Lead Partner (Greece)
- ELGO – DIMITRA (Greece)
- THREE THIRDS SOCIETY AMCE (Greece)
- Municipality of TORRE SANTA SUSANNA (Italy)
- Confederation of Italian Farmers of Puglia – CIA Apulia (Italy).
More information about the project can be found on the project website: https://project-agrifarm.eu/